Happy Amazon Prime Day, friends! I don’t usually pop in on Mondays but I thought it would be fun, and hopefully even helpful, to share with you all the home and craft deals I’m keeping my eye out for this Amazon Prime Day! Like Black Friday, Amazon and its third party sellers put a lot of awesome things on deep discount today and tomorrow; and if there are certain things you use a lot or have been saving up for, today might be the day to snag them at great prices! I have no advanced knowledge of the sales, and it’s been pretty hard to find out what’s going to be available, so I will do my best to keep this post updated during the 36 hours sale so check back a few times! Let’s bargain hunt, shall we?!?
What and When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day kicks off today (Monday, July 16th) at 3PM EST, and it runs through midnight tomorrow night (Tuesday, July 17th). It’s essentially Amazon’s “Black Friday” in July where tons of Amazon-backed products (such as the Kindle, the Echo, and the Dot, etc), as well as tons of other items, are put on deep discounts. In order to take advantage of the deals you need to have a Prime Membership, which now will run you $119 for the year. In addition to sales and deals during the 2-day sale, Amazon Prime membership gives you access to free 2-day shipping, Prime Music and Video, photo storage and other exclusive programs discounts all year long.
I personally use Amazon a ton, both personally and for my business. Due to their selection, prices and search-ability, I rely on Amazon to find exactly what I need for whatever project I’m working on. And more often than not lately, I am choosing to do larger bulk orders for my craft supplies and staples instead of running to the store each and every week (usually with kids in tow!). An Amazon Prime account may not be a good for every family; but at least in our household, I don’t think we could function without it!
NOTE: Keep in mind that the products below are not necessarily going to have great deals, nor will the deals be available during the whole sale. These are just the items I’m looking out for, and I will be sure to update this post as deals on these or other items become available!
ANOTHER NOTE: If you are reading this post in a blog reader (e.g., Bloglovin, Feedly, etc), you will need to click over to the blog to see all my picks!
Updated Deals to Watch
updated 7/17 5:30PM PST
Alright – these deals are going on right now and they are AMAZING!
- Cricut Heat Press – You guys – it’s down to $99!!!!!!!
- 12 Sheets of Assorted Colored Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Dropbox Plus – I use Dropbox for ALL my cross-device storage and this is a great deal on their upgraded services!
- Washi Tape Bundles – There’s lots of big bundles of adorable patterned tapes on sale today!
- Trim and Score Board – I’ve been wanting one of these for forever! It makes cutting and folding paper so easy!
- Glue Dots
- Liquid Chalk Markers – A great price to stock up, especially if you use chalkboard labels around your house! White and Colored
- Mrs.Myers Concentrate
- Colored File Folders – These are the folders I use and am going to show on Friday!
- 12×12″ Vinyl Sheets – Not a brand I’ve used, but I’ve used but a great price to stock up on lots of colors!
- Paper Trimmer – I’ve long needed a serious paper trimmer (that cn easily cut 12×12″ paper!) and this one is seriously tempting!
- Stretched Canvases
- Kindle Paperwhite – I’ve been wanting to get one and this price was just too good to pass up! It’s already on it’s way!
- Cricut Air 2 Rose Bundle – You guys! I knew there would be good Cricut deals! This bundle is an awesome bargain if you’re been waiting to jump on the Cricut bandwagon!
- Fit Bit Alta HR – I have this FitBit and I LOOOOOVE its small profile!
- Bissel Crosswave – I have this dual vaccum cleaner/floor washer and love love love it! It makes cleaning all our tile floors a snap!
These products have been listed as flash deals during the coming sale! So many great finds to keep an eye out for!
You guys know I am devoted to Team Cricut for my paper crafting, and it looks like there are going to be a lot of deals that even I can’t resist! If you’ve been waiting to stock up or splurge on any of their new products, this is a great time to do it!
Lately, I’ve been trying to minimize how many craft supplies I buy for “just in case” crafting; nonetheless, there are glues, papers and more that I rely on over and over again and prefer to stock up on when the price is right. These are some of the things I’ll be checking in on frequently!
Paper Organization & Labeling
Just like with some basic craft staples, I also like to keep certain labels, papers and other organization products on hand so I have them when the mood strikes! I don’t just buy random products, but these are the ones I know I use over and over!
I try really hard not to stock up on organization materials unless I know I need them. I’m currently full up in our house, but if you’ve got some sorting and organizing to do, check on these for good discounts!
This year, I’ve been on a mission to simplify, streamline, declutter and just overall…make our life easier. Here are some of the books I’ve read and loved this year (book review is coming later this year!) if you’re looking for some inspiring picks to finish off your summer reading list!
- Chasing Slow
- The More of Less
- The Year of Less
- Soulful Simplicity
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- Simplicity Parenting
Alright, friends! I’ll continue to keep these lists updated throughout the 36 hours of sales. And if you see any deals you think fellow THIHM readers would love, don’t hesitate to leave a comment or shoot me a note! Happy shopping!
Posted In 2 - Sewing & Craft, California '16, Product Reviews, Sewing & Crafts