Disclosure & Privacy Policies
- The terms “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Website” refer to The Homes I Have Made (Website), The Homes I Have Made, LLC, and Megan Duesterhaus.
- The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site.
- The term “service” describes the blog content and digital products provided on this Website.
What Information We Collect
In order for us to operate our Website and provide services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to collect or process information about you. This most often refers to the following circumstances:
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website. We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address when you voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Account Logins. For some website functionality (i.e., The Organization Toolbox memberships), you may create a user account that allows you to login to the site and access exclusive content. The purpose of these user accounts is to protect your personal data behind login security, and to protect the integrity of our website and the products on it. Data collected will generally involve your name and email address (which doubles as username) at a minimum. If you do not purchase a Toolbox membership, then no such data will be collected in this regard.
- Information We Collect from Others. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information. We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked. This information is collected via Google Analytics.
- Cookies. We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To provide you with user support
- To track and measure advertising on the Website
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-Party Use of Information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics. This service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- ConvertKit. This service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. Your name and email address are stored for purposes of delivering such communications and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- MailChimp. This service is used for email delivery of blog post updates. Your name and email address are stored for purposes of delivering such communications and you can unsubscribe at any time.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly Visible Information
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
- Display Ads. This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
- Affiliate Program Participation. The Website engages in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
- Newsletters. On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
- Opt-out. You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at [email protected] to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access. You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to [email protected]
- Amend. You may contact us [email protected] to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget. In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to [email protected]
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Informaton
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last updated: 5/24/21