Our “2 Years Here” Video Home Tour
I’m a smidge late, but last month marked two years since moving into this 8th rental home of ours! Just like I did at the one year mark, I thought it would be fun to give you a full video tour of the house, to show everything we’ve been able to accomplish so far. Since video shows you pretty much everything…and I mean everything…you’ll get a good sense for how our home looks on a regular basis (as in, not staged for photos), as well as how everything connects together. There’s not a lot of reading in today’s post, so please sit back and enjoy
snooping walking through our home with me!
Before I dive into the video tour, I have a few quick disclaimers and footnotes:
- No…our house is not always this picked up or clean. I filmed this video immediately after our housecleaner left so it would be as tidy as possible. Within an hour, there were toys everywhere and crumbs all over the floor…so what you see was definitely just a rare (beautiful) moment in time.
- Although the house is picked up, I didn’t “style” it at all for this video tour. This is real life…complete with kids’ clutter, fallen-down shelves, mismatched curtains, and more!
- If you look back at my “First Year Here Tour,” you’ll see I did in fact finish most of what I aimed to do. Although we’re only here for one more year, I do have a few final projects I’m hoping to knock out in the next few weeks:
- DIY knob project for Sam’s bedroom
- Mini gallery wall in the Master Bedroom
- Re-stain the side tables in the family room
- Do something in Jack’s room. (It just never came together the way I hoped, so I’m trying to figure out what I can do to make it all “click.”)
- Re-arrange the playroom to make space for a piano.
- I tried to zoom in and show many of the projects I’ve done in-depth tutorials for here on the blog. So if you’re looking for more details on a specific space or DIY, your best bet it to check out the Project Gallery HERE.
- Finally…if you think we don’t have any clutter or messes to deal with…notice I didn’t show you the basement or garage. We’ll see if I get the courage up to video those during our final tour next summer 😉
Tour Our Home
Video not showing for you? Watch it HERE.
Home Products & Resources
If you’re looking for any products you saw in the video home tour, you can shop them all HERE!
I can’t wait to hear what you all think of this latest tour!
8 Comments on “Our “2 Years Here” Video Home Tour”
I really liked the video to show me your home which is quite large and spacious. However, moving from scene to scene before the focus came into effect was very disconcerting to my brain. I felt like I was going to seizure.
Your video (and entire blog) inspire me to rethink my “home.” I get stuck every time we PCS – I have a hard time reimagining a piece of furniture in a different room or repurposing it all together. And getting stuck can lead to total panic (which causes me to buy something I don’t need just because it fits) or force something because that’s the room the cabinet was in for the last 5 houses which makes me feel defeated every time I see it. And don’t get me started on window treatments – those can send me over the edge and I eventually give up all together. After following you and your homes over the years, I recognize so many of your pieces and am totally inspired by your knack for finding new homes for them or repurposing (separating your China cabinet for example). Thanks for sharing your space! And for helping me to rethink my own
And congrats on your husband’s upcoming command and duty station – it’s a crazy but rewarding experience and will be the fastest 24 months of your lives! If you ever find yourself in the NC Sandhills-Bragg area look me up!
My favourite bit is the giant stack of books on the master bedside table. I am also determined to get my cupboards into shape now too.
Loved the video – so many great ideas! Looked at the previous year, too, and could see that you had tweaked things. Even though I tell myself I would just like to have a few rooms that looked good (and don’t send me into a panic if someone’s going to see them), t’s great to see improvements keep coming. Have a great weekend!
Thank you for sharing this, Megan. I would love to achieve even a fraction of what you’ve done in your rental house, in our house (which we own). Always inspiring and the video really pulled it all together and showed the house as a cohesive whole – loved it!
So glad you enjoyed it, Charlotte! I’m not used to sharing video tours, but it really bring a lot more perspective, doesn’t it!?
Your home is lovely, Megan! Thank you so much for inviting me over to see all that you’ve done with it!
I wish we could “do coffee” in real life. 🙂 <3
Thanks so much, Vanessa!
I always love getting your comments…like an old friend stopping by to say hi!
Hope you’re well!