DIY Thanksgiving Place Cards (& Other Projects To Decorate Your Table!)
One of the best parts of hosting the Thanksgiving festivities is that you get to prepare all your favorite recipes and cut the turkey exactly as you like it! But with so many things to do and cook this holiday season, it can be easy to forget about the table decor until the very last minute. But I’ve got you! My Thanksgiving Printable Pack is full of ready-to-print Thanksgiving Place Cards, Menu Cards, Thankful Cards, and more. Get ready to pull together the ultimate Thanksgiving table in a snap…all with a pack of paper and your home printer!
Materials & Supplies
The Thanksgiving Printable Pack
All the Thanksgiving table decor projects featured in this post are made with templates and patterns from the Thanksgiving Printable Pack, a collection of 85+ ready-to-print pages to help you plan for and decorate the ultimate Thanksgiving feast! Click HERE to learn more about this bundle or download it right away below!
Other Recommended Supplies
- Paper Trimmer
- 32 lbs Bright White Printer Paper
- Solid Cardstock in Fall Colors
- Home Color Printer – I use this laser printer.
- Corner Punch
- Craft Adhesive
- Extra-Large Laminating Sheets
- Metallic Sharpies
Full step-by-step photo tutorials of all the Thanksgiving table projects are included in this post. But to see these Thanksgiving pages come to life, watch the video tutorials below! (Not loading for you? You can watch it HERE!)
DIY Thanksgiving Place Card Ideas
Idea 1: Name Only Place Cards
These simple and modern Thanksgiving Place Cards couldn’t be any easier!
- Download the LillyMae font to your computer.
- Open the Place Card Template using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Type your guests’ names into the editable text fields. The fonts will pre-size and pre-color for you.
- Print the Place Cards page onto sturdy cardstock or heavy-weight white paper.
Slice along the grey lines to have these DIY Thanksgiving Place Cards ready in mere minutes!
BONUS TIP! Use this same Place Card page to make food labels for your Thanksgiving buffet! Instead of guest names, type in each food you’re serving. Print and cut just as shown above, and then secure each one onto a serving dish with a clothespin or label holder!
Idea 2: Menu Place Cards
Take your Thanksgiving Place Cards up a notch by using the Menu Place Cards Template alongside some of the printable patterns.
- Download the LillyMae font to your computer.
- Open the Menu Place Cards Template using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Type in your guests’ names, as well as whatever menu you are serving. All text on this page will print in black.
Slice down some patterned paper (4.5″ tall), matching solid cardstock (3″ tall), and the printed Menu Template (2.75″ tall) into 6″ wide rectangles.
Center and layer all 3 elements together with your favorite craft adhesive.
Whether you mix-and-match all 6 colors or stick to a more cohesive palette, these pages allow you to make really chic and unique menu cards for every place setting quickly and easily!
Idea 3: Menu Card + Napkin Ring
Another option is to pair the Menu Place Cards Template with patterned paper to make an all-in-one napkin ring combination! Instead of cutting the patterned paper down into 6″ rectangles (as shown above), keep it in longer, wider strips that can bend around a folded napkin.
Idea 4: DIY Thankful Cards
If you don’t want to fuss with place markers, Thankful Cards are another sweet element to put at each place setting. Pair a printable Thankful Card with a pencil and encourage guests to reflect before the big meal. (This also makes for cute and easy party favors!)
To make these Thankful Cards as shown:
- Print the Thankful Cards onto white cardstock or heavy white paper.
- Slice down the grey lines with a paper trimmer.
- Next, cut 4.5 x 5.75″ rectangles from color-coordinating paper.
- Use a corner punch in each corner. (My corner punch is super old; this one is similar.)
Then simply slider a Thankful Card right in to each corner…it will hold without any tape or adhesive!
Place one on each plate or pass them around in a basket to encourage friends, family, and kids reflect on the “reason for the season”!
Other Printable Projects for Your Thanksgiving Table
These festive printable patterns really provide so many options to enhance your Thanksgiving decor beyond just place cards! Since everything mixes, matches, and coordinates, you can have a gorgeous looking table with minimal effort!
Printable Thanksgiving Placemats
To make your own Thanksgiving Placemats:
- Print 2 sheets of the exact same pattern.
- Slice off the long white edge on one of the pages.
- Place a line of adhesive on the underside of the trimmed edge.
- Layer the cut edge over the other page, matching up the pattern repeat.
Printable Thanksgiving Napkin Rings
To make your own Thanksgiving Napkin Rings:
- Print out your preferred pattern(s) onto white printer paper or cardstock.
- Use a paper trimmer to slice the page down into 1.5 x 6″ strips.
- Place adhesive along one edge of the strips.
- Roll the strip into a coil with a 1-1.5″ girth (depending on how heavy of napkins you’ll be using.)
TIP! Decorate the napkin ring with coordinating printable stickers, metallic ribbon, or other decorative elements!
If you want to show off more pattern at your place setting, cut the paper into wider strips. Instead of rolling up the napkins and rings, bend the longer strips around folded napkins. With more surface area exposed, this is a great place to add a glitter monogram or letter stickers!
The patterned pages can also be used to cut some “table confetti” in your favorite Fall shapes such as acorns, leaves, pumpkins, and feathers. Use a punch or your favorite electronic cutting machine (such as a Cricut or Silhouette) to cut out the shapes. You can then scatter them across the table…
…or even use the shapes to make quick place cards with a Metallic Sharpie!
Don’t stop with just your Thanksgiving table! Treat these patterned printable pages just like a pack of scrapbook paper and use them to make banners, centerpieces, invitations, and other finishing touches for all over your buffet, table, front door, mantel, and more!
With so many different Fall-themed patterns and colors featured in this Thanksgiving Printable Pack, the options for creating a beautiful Thanksgiving table this November really are endless! I can’t wait to see the festive creations they help you bring to life!