When I first had the idea for this blog, these were the posts I really wanted to write.  You see, I move…a lot.  And one of my favorite challenges when I move into a new home is to fit what I have from my old home into my new home.  Oftentimes, this incorporates re-painting, cutting apart, re-sewing together, and/or re-arranging old items…but I just love the challenge and it really gets my creative juices flowing!  Some items get put in boxes or on shelves for “the next home” because I just can’t make them work; but many make a re-appearance in a whole new and fun way!  It’s taken me a little time to get caught up on posts of my past homes and projects, but now I am finally ready to write my first This –> That post!

I’ve hinted at it here and there, but today I am going to talk about these curtains:

Like I said in my original post, I bought this fabric in the clearance section at JoAnns…I bought all that was left on the bolt for some insanely low price.   When I made these curtains in San Diego, I had to figure out a way to make my curtains the right length and hang them with the material I had – there was no going back to buy more!  
I’ve loved this fabric from the moment I saw it because it so perfectly tied my other fabrics together.  When we moved to Quantico, I had every intention of using the same curtains.  Unfortunately, as is ALWAYS the case, my windows were too tall for these curtains…and like I said, there was no buying more fabric!

After some brainstorming, I decided to cut apart one of the panels and made these two valences:

And because there was a tiny bit left from that one panel, I went ahead and made these tie backs!

So if you’re keeping track, that’s one panel down, one panel left.  When it came time to determine my Thanksgiving table theme, I knew I wanted to incorporate these fun fall colors and tie the table into my entire living space.  Since I had no other grand plans for the other curtain panel, I cut the second one apart to make my T-Day table placemats!
I simply used pinking sheers to cut the panel down into placemat-sized rectangles!
The final effect was so simple, and it cost me NOTHING since I already had the fabric!

I’ve used this same This –> That concept quite a bit over the years, and I am excited to show you the many ways I have repurposed and “up-cycled” some of my old projects!

Next up, this valence!

I linked this post to:

See You Soon!
Megan