Gift Ideas for the Home, Craft & Organization Lovers In Your Life!
The start of the Holiday shopping frenzy is almost here! (Although, you could say it’s already well underway!) And while I’m not really one to head out shopping Thanksgiving night or even bright and early on Black Friday, I certainly like to take advantage of good deals when I find them. I’ve already been filling out my shopping lists and Black Friday shopping guide as well as scouring my favorite sites looking for great gift ideas for all the people on my list! If you’re looking for great gift ideas too or want to start putting items in your cart now to reduce the stress and hassle this coming weekend, I’ve compiled some of my favorite craft, organization and home finds for you today. I can surely say, without hesitation, that I would be pretty excited to find any of these items under my tree (unless I already have them, of course!) and I’m sure you’re friends and family will love them too!
- Cricut Explore Air 2 – It’s no secret that I’m a Cricut lover; and if you’ve been wanting to jump on the bandwagon, Black Friday is pretty much the best time to do it. Cricut often runs incredible promotions on their machines this coming weekend, and I always find their bundles a really, really good investment (especially if you’re just getting into Cricut). I’ve gotten a lot of questions about the Maker recently, and I’ll be honest with you: by every account, the Maker is a superior machine and this is a great time to upgrade if you’ve been wanting to. I just haven’t personally used the Maker yet, so I can only give you my word that the Explore Air 2 is still worth every penny!
- Large Mats Multi Pack – Any Cricut user can always use fresh mats, especially if they haven’t been replaced in a while! I love these combo packs since they provide a variety of stick strengths!
- Standand Mats Multi Pack – I keep both the large and small mats on hand and use them interchangeably day in and day out!
- Cricut Tools Set – These sets often come in the machine bundles, but if you haven’t grabbed a set yet, they are worth having for a variety of projects.
- Cricut Pens – The color variety in these pens really allows you to customize cards, coloring sheets, labels and so much more!
- Cricut Blades Pack – It can be so frustrating to be mid-project when you find yourself with a dull blade. I love keeping lots of extra blades on hand so I don’t hesitate to swap it out when necessary.
- Easy Press – I LOVE my Cricut Easy Press. I have the original 9×9″ size, but Cricut just released two additional sizes. If you do or have been wanting to work with heat-transfer vinyl more, this is a must for any craft arsenal.
- Easy Press Mat – I hate dragging the ironing board out when I just have a simple heat press project to do, so one of these mats (that can safely be placed on any hard surface) has been on my list for a while now. I’ve got all my fingers crossed that the large size is waiting for me under the tree!
If you (or someone you know) specifically love cutting vinyl on your Cricut, like I do, here are some of my must haves that would make great gifts or stocking stuffers!
- Cricut Bright Pad – This is such a beautiful and easy-to-use tool for weeding complicated images (I show you how here), for tracing designs, and so much more. While a window can do close-to-the-same thing, the brightness controls and portability make this such a great addition to your craft machines!
- Cricut Weeding Tools – Weeding intricate designs can often require some unique tools, all of which you’ll find in this complete set!
- Cricut Transfer Paper Roll | Bulk – Working with transfer paper is the best way to ensure your vinyl projects turn our right. Cricut’s brand is by far my favorite, and I stock up regularly!
- Oracal Vinyl 61 Sheet Pack – I’ve worked with lots of different vinyl types, and Oracal is by far my favorite. This combo pack is a great way to get someone started with vinyl!
- Oracal Gold Vinyl Roll – This is my all-time favorite gold vinyl that I use for labels, decor and so much more!
It’s hard to shop for bins, baskets or organizers as gifts since there is no way to know what a person needs in their space(s). But these gifts are sure to appeal to any organization-loving gal like myself!
- Simplified Planner from Target – I’ve long loved Emily Ley’s branding and products, and I am so excited that versions of her planners are now available at Target at very reasonable price points.
- Simplified Planner from Target
- Composition Notebooks – Keep these tucked into a purse or diaper bag or near the computer, kitchen counter, or bed to jot down quick thoughts!
- Kate Spade Spiral Notebook – These gorgeous spiral bound notebooks are my absolute favorite; I typically buy one each January and keep all my business ideas and notes in one (you can see mine in this post…it’s this one). I typically find mine at HomeGoods or Barnes and Noble, but deciding on which cover I like is always the toughest part (I love this one and this one and this one too!)
- TruBind Spiral Coil Binding Machine – I added this machine to my collection this year and I LOVE having the ability to make my own spiral-bound notebooks for both me and the kids!
- U Brands Low Odor Dry Erase Markers – I still rely on my trusty DIY Dry-Erase calendar day in and day out and these markers help me track all my various tasks and to dos!
- Gold Basket Label Holders – I use these label holders in our pantry and just love the touch of function and beauty they bring to a utilitarian space! They’d be perfect in a master closet, family room or even a playroom!
- Martha Stewart Adhesive Bookplates – For the longest time, these stick-on bookplates were may favorite way to label plastic/hard containers, but then they disappeared! Now they’re back and I’m stocking up!
- Martha Steward Adhesive Bookplates with Pull – These would be perfect on small drawers!
- Tab Punch – If you’re becoming a planner and binder junkie like I am, this punch will be your very best friend! I find myself using it over and over again to make my own tabbed dividers for pretty much any printable project! (I show how to use it here and even used it to make my dividers here too!)
- Tab Stickers – Use these with the above tab punch to make your own tabs for literally anything! (This bulk pack is a great deal!)
- Rainbow Sticky Notes – I love color-coding tasks, appointments and more with color-coded sticky notes. This assortment of colors provides me with lots of options!
- Gold on Clear Label Tape – Hands down, this is my favorite label tape for my favorite label maker (below)
- Epson Labelworks 400 Label Maker – Okay, so I’ve been singing the praises of this label maker for years (and will continue to do so) but for some strange reason it appears to be marked up really, really high everywhere I find it. If it’s not around $50 or less, look elsewhere!
- Black on Clear Label Tape – When I don’t use the gold tape, I use this one. Layer it over patterned washi tape to make perfectly custom labels!
Just like organization products, it can be hard to buy someone decor as a gift. Still, all of these are chic, budget-friendly and neutral enough to fit in a variety of styles.
- Modern Mountain 2-Pc Art Set – This really large and super budget-friendly art really caught my eye. I am literally trying to come up with a place for it in our home!
- Cedar & Juniper Candle – I’ve bought several of these candles and love their subtle scent combined with the adorable patterned tins they come in.
- Geometric Hanging Planter – These are such a fun way to decorate your walls AND bring green into your space.
- Wooden Candle Holder Set – I am always looking for something simple and sleek for our mantel and these are just the ticket!
- Hello Gorgeous Mug – The gold foil letters and substantial size make these great for either coffee or office supplies!
- Today is Your Day Mug – I have this one sitting on my desk holding all of my pens and markers.
- Candle Holder, Gold – Pair it with a holiday-scented pillar candle and you’ll have the perfect hostess gift!
- Gold Dotted Vase – These come in three different sizes and I want each and every one for holiday decorating and beyond!
- Ceramic Planter – This planter is both decorative and functional…a great way to add lots of style with less stuff!
- Circle Mirror – This large circle mirror is an amazing price for such a large statement!
- Gold Basket – Whether it’s to hold mail, a potted plant, or a bunch of lemons, this chic wire basket is perfect for any flat open space!
- Gold Candle Holder Set Use them on a mantel or in the middle of a table to provide understated ambiance and style!
One of my New Year’s Resolutions last January was to read more and I really have! Although this list doesn’t reflect everything I’ve read, these are my favorites and ones I think fellow “homebodies” will enjoy!
- A Simplified Life – I will admit, this book isn’t exactly deep or intensive and it has a lot of fluff. But it was a quick read, and almost a year later I find some of her perspectives on simplicity still running through my mind. If you’re just getting started on simplifying your life and creating more white space, this is a good first step.
- The Year of Less – This book is on the other end of the spectrum from A Simplified Life. It too isn’t about decluttering but rather about the role of stuff in our lives. It was an intriguing read I couldn’t put down.
- Chasing Slow – I personally was on a mission to slow down this year, which is why I picked this book up. If you’re a lover of blogs, you’ll love the personal, blog-like feel of this book. This one also had a lot of truths about the reality of clutter and time that I highlighted and return to over and over again.
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up – If you feel like you have too much stuff and you haven’t yet read this book…you should. You can read more about why I feel that way here.
- Simplicity Parenting – This was the first book I read that really forced me to think about how much stuff we have and how it’s not only affecting my life but that of my kids. I took a lot of this book to heart which you can read more about here.
- Capital Gaines – I picked up this book after reading the Magnolia Story (below). While I didn’t love it as much as the first book, I really enjoyed this light and comical behind-the-scenes look that reveals what a true force Chip Gaines is!
- The Magnolia Story – I don’t consider myself Chip and Jo “superfans,” but I certainly will sit and watch them over pretty much anything else on the TV these days. I read this book on a weekend getaway and couldn’t put it down. It was a quick, super enjoyable read and learning about all the adversity and grit behind this lovable couple was truly inspiring!
- Fresh Food Fast – I pulled this cookbook off my mom’s shelf years ago and have slowly worked my way through most of the recipes. We’ve literally loved every single one, and it’s become my go-to source for quick, easy meals that only require a few ingredients.
- The All-New Fresh Food Fast – I loved the above book so much that I went looking for more similar recipes. This one has proved another gem, and I can’t recommend these two cookbooks more for easy weeknight dinners!
- Cozy Minimalist Home – I just started reading this a week ago and I have to admit that it’s speaking right into my soul. It’s really helping me recognize and understand my (somewhat recent) desire to have less stuff but still have a beautiful home. If you too are struggling between stuff and style, this one’s worth diving into right now!
- Tassel Paperclips – These are such an adorable way to mark your place in your journal, bible, planner or notebook!
- Tube Squeezers – I am seriously buying these for my kiddos’ toothpaste!
- Tombow Craft Glue – My favorite craft glue that I buy in bulk…I can never have enough!
- Toothbrush Holders – I am also buying these adorable suction toothbrush holders for the kids so they’ll finally have a clean place to land!
- Tassel Key Chains – My Lego Batgirl key chain may get the boot for this more stylish option!
- Rainbow Erasers – I am a pencil and paper girl (if you couldn’t tell from my explosion of printables this year!) I brainstorm, plan, and design in pencil, making erasers my best friend. These are much more fun than the plain white ones I’m currently using!
- Wine Glass Markers – Such a quick and fun way to mark glasses for a party!
- Pom-Pom Paperclips – If tassels (above) aren’t your thing, maybe pom-poms are!
- EarBud Holders – Every day…every single day…my ear buds are a mess in the stroller or my diaper bag. This link is going straight to my hubby!
- Command Strip Multi Packs – Can you ever have enough of these? Nope!
- Metallic Peel-and-Stick Tabs – I know…I’m a little tab crazy. But wouldn’t these look amazing on this Kate Spade notebook?!?!?
- Cord Labels – Love that these labels are clean and streamlined and easy to read!
- Rainbow Clip Push Pins – I love using a bulletin board but don’t always want to put holes in my papers, photos and more. These rainbow push pin clips are the cutest solution!
- Cord Holders – I use these behind the computer and love them!
- Suction Hooks – Same as the Command strips…I can never have enough of these in our home!
- Skinny Washi Tape – Skinny washi tape is my favorite way to make calendars, decorate planners and so much more! This set gives provides many colors and shades for ultimate color coding!
Phew! Who’s ready to go shopping?!? I hope this gift guide gives you some good ideas for yourself and/or the fellow craft, home, and organization lovers you have in your own life! I will do my best to keep this post updated with any major sales I see over the next week; and please don’t hesitate to send this post along to your spouse, friends or family to help give them ideas 😉
With that, I’m going to wish you all a VERY Happy Thanksgiving! I will be taking the rest of the week off to spend time with my family and will plan to see you back here next Tuesday!