- a) Fold down the end of the Velcro ribbon toward the center, just to where the Velcro starts.
- b) Flip the whole thing over, and repeat using the outside ribbon. Essentially, fold the two ends toward each other.
- c) Insert one end of the elastic about a 1/2″ or so and pin shut.
Again, only insert it into one side (for now!)
But be sure to STOP at the end of each side – don’t sew the other opening shut!
Here is how i recommend sewing your headband:
And you’re all done! Easy, huh?!?
Finish the headband the same way as above.
7. Pin down the length of the ribbon.
8. Fold the ends of the ribbon inwards.
9. Insert the elastic into one end.
10. Sew the elastic in and the end shut.
11. The elastic and sides should be sewn shut.
12. Finish by inserting the elastic into the remaining end and sewing shut.
Love this one – just a little more glamorous!
Last but not least, I added a little “ruffle” to the top of my last headband.
Again, start the same way:
1. Center and pin Velcro to the ribbon.
2. Ruffle the ribbon. Using pins, create 5-6 ruffles/pleats on one end of the ribbon strip.
Here’s the ruffle headband after an entire day of chores around there house!
And the pink ribbon one after a four mile run!
I am so addicted – I can’t wait to make more!