I tell you why and I how I did it after the jump!!
- First, I primed the stand white, sanded it down, and primed with a second layer of white…those colors were hard to cover up!
- Then, I sprayed all the outward facing rims with the Rustoleum green (btw, love how this paint goes on and dries nice and hard and glossy…and no drips!)
- Next, I taped off all the outward facing rims with painters tape (longest part of the whole project!)
- I then sprayed the entire coat rack with the pretty Valspar blue (btw, the new Valspar cans are super hard to spray…or maybe I just don’t have the hand strength…and I had lots of drip issues…I don’t think I was coating it on too thick?! Am I whining too much?)
- I pealed off all the painters tape and touched up a few small paint bleeds with a brush (using some paint sprayed out of the can into a plastic bowl).
- Finally, I finished it with 3 coats of the MiniWax clear gloss!
I am linking this post to:Posted In Other